The Zardari government cited budgetary constraints to refuse uranium from Kazakhstan. But the real story is that the government has accepted aid in exchange for what appears to be a freeze on Pakistan’s advanced nuclear and strategic programs. These were Washington’s conditions. And it is part of a wider pattern.
Some of the points of the deal that have been highlighted are:-
- Transit right to India for free.
- American ‘supervision’ over Pak Nukes.
- Sharing of sites where nukes are kept.
- Pakistan’s enriched uranium will go to America.
- Cut money for nuclear and missile programs.
- Tell Kazakhstan we don’t have money and let India get the Uranium deal.
- Rumors about cutting funds for JF-17 thunder project.
Are they putting Pakistan up for sale?